Sunday, April 08, 2007

Why did they have to die?

A mother asked President Bush,
"Why did my son have to die in Iraq?"
Another mother asked President Kennedy,
"Why did my son have to die in Viet Nam?"
Another mother asked President Truman,
"Why did my son have to die in Korea?
Another mother asked President F. D. Roosevelt,
"Why did my son have to die at Iwo Jima?"
Another mother asked President W. Wilson,
"Why did my son have to die on a battlefield in France?"
Yet another mother asked President Lincoln,
"Why did my son have to die at Gettysburg?"
And yet another mother asked President G. Washington,
"Why did my son have to die near Valley Forge?"
Then long, long ago, a mother asked...
"Heavenly Father, why did my Son have to die
on a cross outside of Jerusalem?"
The answers to all these are similar --
"So that others may have life
and dwell in peace, happiness and freedom."



This was emailed to me with no author and I thought
the magnitude and the simplicity was awesome

IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE,
FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!
IF YOU DON'T STAND BESIDE THE LEADERS WE ELECTED
PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN SOME OTHER COUNTRY

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home